ClickZ reports that Google’s YouTube is hiring six advertising sales representatives. I tracked down five of the job postings, all for the same position, but all based in different parts of the United States. Here they are:
The job listing reads:
Join the country’s leading and fastest growing advertising sales organization. YouTube, a Google company, is looking for an Advertising Sales Representative to work in our Boston office within our sales organization.
Founded in February 2005, YouTube is a consumer media company for people to watch and share original videos worldwide through a Web experience. YouTube originally started as a personal video sharing service, and has grown into an entertainment destination with people watching more than 70 million videos on the site daily.
Main responsibility is to drive revenue for the YouTube business unit and consult with brand advertisers and interactive agencies on how to leverage the YouTube platform and participate in the YouTube community.
You must be comfortable prospecting, making cold calls, and committed to gaining new clients and working in a team sales environment.
* Proactively prospecting and qualifying potential new advertising accounts.
* Handling incoming leads for designated category.
* Meeting quarterly revenue targets.
* Pitching new business.
* Working cross functionally with team members and sharing best practices.
* Responding to RFPs with creativity while protecting the user experience.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent; strong academic performance preferred.
* 3 years experience in an advertising sales and/or online media environment, at least one year of successful direct selling responsibility, experience in planning at an interactive agency preferred.
* Familiarity with DFP, MediaVisor, @plan, Atlas, NNR, Comscore.