Meta Verified is being rolled out to businesses on Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp.
Mark Zuckerberg announced that testing will begin in select counties on Facebook and Instagram in the coming weeks, with WhatsApp trials planned at a later date.
What is Meta Verified? Meta Verified is a monthly subscription package designed to help creators and brands establish their presence on Instagram and Facebook more easily. This bundle includes exclusive benefits and perks – but it’s only available to eligible profiles.
Why we care. Meta Verified is a way for brands to provide more authenticity and credibility, which can ultimately lead to increased trustworthiness among followers, and confidence when it comes to making purchases.
How much does Meta Verified cost? Monthly subscriptions begin at $21.99 per month for a single Facebook page or Instagram account, or $34.99 per month for both.
What does a Meta Verified subscription include? Businesses will get a toolkit for their subscribed Facebook page, Instagram business account or WhatsApp phone number that includes:
- A verified badge confirming your business is validated and authentic
- Proactive impersonation monitoring for added brand protection
- Access to support and help troubleshooting account issues²
- New ways to be discovered:
- On Instagram and Facebook, subscribers will be featured as a Meta Verified business, including appearing at or near the top of search results and as a recommended verified business to follow in feed.³
- WhatsApp business subscribers will receive additional premium features including the ability to create a custom WhatsApp page that is easily discoverable via a web search, and multi-device with chat assignment support so multiple employees can respond to customers.
Who is eligible? To be eligible for Meta Verified, you need:
- To be at least 18 years old.
- A public or private profile that’s associated with your full name, aligns with naming standards and has a profile picture that includes your face.
- To meet minimum activity requirements, such as prior posting history.
- A valid photo ID that matches your profile name and profile picture.
- Two-factor authentication enabled on your profile.
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
What has Meta said? A Meta spokesperson said in a statement:
- “We’re starting with subscription features that help small businesses achieve what they want most on the platform: to establish their brand and be discovered by new customers.”
- “As we learn from initial testing, we’ll continue to evolve our business offerings to add more value for businesses of all sizes, such as more tools for people to easily discover and engage with verified businesses on our apps.”
Deep dive. Read Meta’s Verified Business announcement in full for more information.